Before and after studies were carried out to study the impact of pedestrian center to the city life and identity. The behavior of people, traffic and the towns economy were specially concerned.
Before stage was implemented during 2001, the after stage will most probably take place during 2006 and 2007.
2. Mikko Heikkilä, Tuomas Santasalo & Björn Silferberg:Nordic Pedestrian Centers 3. Mikko Heikkilä, Seppo Karppinen & Tuomas Santasalo: Finnish Pedestrian Centers.
4. Mikko Heikkilä, Seppo Karppinen & Tuomas Santasalo: The Better City Center- the development of seven Finnish city centers.
5. Seppo Karppinen, Mikko Heikkilä & Pasi Mäenpää:The follow up study of Kajaani city centre.
6. Mikko Heikkilä, (edit): How St. Petersburg was built The history and cultural reflections of the architecture in St. Petersburg.
7. COST C6-Town and infrastructure planning for traffic safety and urban quality
8. Seppo Karppinen, Mikko Heikkilä, Tuomas Santasalo & Pasi Mäenpää:
The follow up study of Rauma city center / before stage, 2001
9. PROMPT- New Means to Promote Pedestrian Traffic in Cities
10. Mikko Heikkilä & Tuomas Santasalo: Market Squares in Finland, 2006