A research made to 102 cities in Finland made in phone interviews. The idea was to clarify what kind of projects regarding city and pedestrian center development were currently going on.
The research worked as a base information material for the future work. Research was ordered by the Finnish Road Administration.
2. Mikko Heikkilä, Tuomas Santasalo & Björn Silferberg:Nordic Pedestrian Centers 3. Mikko Heikkilä, Seppo Karppinen & Tuomas Santasalo: Finnish Pedestrian Centers.
4. Mikko Heikkilä, Seppo Karppinen & Tuomas Santasalo: The Better City Center- the development of seven Finnish city centers.
5. Seppo Karppinen, Mikko Heikkilä & Pasi Mäenpää:The follow up study of Kajaani city centre.
6. Mikko Heikkilä, (edit): How St. Petersburg was built The history and cultural reflections of the architecture in St. Petersburg.
7. COST C6-Town and infrastructure planning for traffic safety and urban quality
8. Seppo Karppinen, Mikko Heikkilä, Tuomas Santasalo & Pasi Mäenpää:
The follow up study of Rauma city center / before stage, 2001
9. PROMPT- New Means to Promote Pedestrian Traffic in Cities
10. Mikko Heikkilä & Tuomas Santasalo: Market Squares in Finland, 2006